Sunday, August 27, 2006

Suspension....twice!

I have lived in many states and many interactions with the local DMV. Only in Florida have I had my driver’s license suspended...not once but twice!

The first time was a confirmation of insurance while the trained and skilled state employee transposed two numbers. Clearly that would have returned no coverage and I was notified that my driver’s license was suspended. No confirmation of the number and no check on the name with the insurance agency. Just suspended…Thanks!

This time it was a payment for a traffic violation. After the check was cashed I received a notice that a suspension was issues in error. Strange? Anyway, two weeks pass and I receive a notice that my driver’s license was suspended…again. The state of Florida has some excellent systems in place where a payment was made, received, cashed, issue in error letter sent, and then a suspension letter.

I have never had my license suspended in any other state yet twice in FL. Thanks FL DMV.

No comments: